SaMMF Workshop for Job Market Candidates
November 13, 2020
We invite you to the SaMMF Workshop for Job Market Candidates, which aims to increase candidates exposure in the field.
The workshop consists of four presentations. Each presentation lasts 50 minutes: 30 minutes for the speaker, 10 minutes for a discussant and 10 minutes for an open discussion of the paper.
The program is below. If you are interested in attending as an audience participant, please sign up for our e-mailing list to receive updates with information on the zoom registration.
11:00-11:50 am EST
- Lucie Lebeau (UC Irvine): “Social engagement and the transmission of infectious diseases”
- Discussion by Espen Moen (Norwegian Business School)
11:50-12:00 pm EST – Coffee Break
12:00-12:50 pm EST
- Yenan Wang (Duke Fuqua): “High-Frequency Trading, Endogenous Capital Commitment and Market Quality”
- Discussion by Bruno Biais (HEC Paris)
12:50-1:00 pm EST – Coffee Break
1:00-1:50 pm EST
- Marina Lovchikova (UC Davis): “Employed and Poor? Wages, Technological innovations and Policy”
- Discussion by Paolo Martellini (Minneapolis Fed)
1:50-2:00 pm EST – Coffee Break
2:00-2:50 pm EST
- Farzad Pourbabaee (UC Berkeley): “Reputation, Innovation, and Externalities in Venture Capital”
- Discussion by Christian Opp (Rochester)